Yamaha AV Controller App Updated

hodg100

Distinguished Member
The Yamaha AV controller iOS/Android app has just been updated to include a MusicPlay function. This new feature means that not only can you stream from an Apple TV or any other network device, but now you can stream music wirelessly to your Yamaha receiver directly from your mobile device or tablet pc.

attachment.php

You just need to update the app (using iTunes or the Android market) and select the device you want to stream to, then press the MusicPlay button and use the interface to start streaming. Yamaha reckon their compressed music enhancer technology means the data lost from mp3 compression can be 'restored to its original quality'.

While the music is playing you can view the cover art and track information on your display as the app will send all of this information to the receiver and it will be displayed on-screen. The Yamaha controller app is free of charge and will be free to update for the future. Good news for Android users as the platform is supported (on time) as well as the obligatory Apple support.

The Yamaha MusicPlay feature is compatible with the RX-V1067/2067/ 3067, RXV671/771/1071, RX-A810/1010/2010/3010

Attachments

• rx-v1067.jpg
    rx-v1067.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,195

aminp

Standard Member
For some reason I cannot get this app work? I have updated firmware on 2067 amp yesterday, Network Standby is on, both amp and iphone are on the same network. The app finds my amp but when I click on the icon, nothing happens?

tildaseb

Standard Member
Hi I have this problem with the Yammie for my rxv3067.
Did you solve this, or has anyone else. I havent been able to find anything on it, apart from a few people complaining of the same issue.
Thanks,

1998 R1

same problem here, anyone got any answers???

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom