yamaha as/cd 1000 or 2000

hifilover

Novice Member
Hi all once I've sold my system I've set my sights on either the yamaha as/cd 1000 or as/cd 2000 combo. Is there a big difference in sound quality between the two models ? Thanks guys.

scorpion88

Hi all once I've sold my system I've set my sights on either the yamaha as/cd 1000 or as/cd 2000 combo. Is there a big difference in sound quality between the two models ? Thanks guys.

Buy the best you can afford. Not personally heard either but a general rule is 'you get what you pay for';)

Doomlord_uk

I'm going to disagree. Buy the cheapest that gets the job done. If you can't hear an audible difference, there isn't an audible difference :) Buy the cheapest. Unless you're a millionaire...

scorpion88

I'm going to disagree. Buy the cheapest that gets the job done. If you can't hear an audible difference, there isn't an audible difference :) Buy the cheapest. Unless you're a millionaire...

You don't have to win the lottery to send an extra modest amount:rolleyes:

Doomlord_uk

Well, let's have an argument about what's 'modest' and why it doesn't matter giving this amount away just because we can afford to. I'll post my paypal address... y'all can give me 'modest' amounts of money until you're done realising the only thing you'd be getting back from me is laughter (all the way to my bank...) ;)

hifilover - have a look at the spec sheets*, see what you think of the aesthetics, see if you can hear a difference (good luck with that) and then make a rational decision accordingly. Buying stuff isn't rocket science. Unless you want to put something into orbit, anyway... :)

*a very cursory google suggested that the 2000 components include balanced inputs and outputs. That might be handy? Or probably not... but it's the sort of thing that differs.

hifilover

Novice Member
Well the thing is I've only heard the 1000 models with two different speaker brands neither of which I'm going to be using and there aren't any dealers near me who stock the 2000 models . I've seen the 2000s for a very good price online so was going to take the plunge and go for them but was hoping to get some info from yamaha owners.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom