Question Yamaha ARC issue

thorley37

Prominent Member
Reaction score
my Yamaha 1070 seems to be randomly switch off and back on whilst viewing MKV files on mediaplayer it is a popcorn a410, it works perfect when on satellite, could it be a hdmi cable causing this to happen

It may have something to do with HDMI CEC and HDMI CEC's power management? Try turning off and disabling HDMI Control onboard the popcorn a410 to see if this makes a difference? Also ensure all other devices that may have HDMI Control engaged that aren't being used are in standby. If not using HDMI Control to facilitate other abilities such as HDMI ARC then also turn HDMI Control off onboard the AV receiver.

It may have something to do with HDMI CEC and HDMI CEC's power management? Try turning off and disabling HDMI Control onboard the popcorn a410 to see if this makes a difference? Also ensure all other devices that may have HDMI Control engaged that aren't being used are in standby. If not using HDMI Control to facilitate other abilities such as HDMI ARC then also turn HDMI Control off onboard the AV receiver.
I dont seem to have HDMI Control on my popcorn

Did you try replacing the cable between the player and the receiver? If this didn't resolve the issue then it is a hardware fault with the player or a damaged HDMI inerface onboard your receiver.

What made you think this is an ARC issue? Audio Return Channel is a subset optional feature of HDMI CEC used to convey audio from an ARC enabled HDMI input on a TV back to the AV receiver via the receiver's HDMI output. An external HDMI source connected to one of the receiver's HDMI inputs would not include ARC abilities or use HDMI ARC.

Do you actually use ARC between the TV and your receiver? If not then try disabling HDMI control onboard the AV receiver to see if this rectifies the issue you are having with the POpcorn Hour media player? Note that turning off HDMI Control onboard a Yamaha receiver will also dissable the receiver's ability to use HDMI ARC.

You say that the receiver switches itself off and then back on again. Do you mean it powers itself down into standby or do you mean that you are briefly getting signal dropouts resulting in no video and or audio? The latter is more than likely as a result of a cable issue. I'd suggest trying a replacement cable between both the source and the receiver as well as between the receiver and your TV. You should preferably use cables rated HIGH SPEED and try to keep them under 6m in length if at all possible.

Hi Dante01
Thanks for your help, I have got a new hdmi cable I will test files what were causing the trouble, It was signal drop out

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom