1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yamaha amps

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by ewin, Oct 13, 2003.

Tags:
  1. ewin

ewin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was a richer sounds today and saw that they where selling a yamaha rx-v340rds amp for £169 .I`ve got a pioneer vsx-510 which is dated and i just don`t like the surround it makes ,very light on the bass on sundtracks.
    I`m also got the cash in deal with the amp and would get the yamaha for about £104.
    has anyone got any views on the yamaha as the spec looks good and i want to know if yamaha amp have power .I`m not bother about ex or es as i have no room for another speaker etc.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Yam are good in fact i have reconmended the silver version to a friend today! Over a slimline pioneer! I suggest you try a demo what are you using it with as it might not be the pioneers fault.

3. ewin

ewin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much and i had i kenwood amp before my pioneer and that sounded much better ,even if it was under powered.
    Anyway the yam can`t be any worst and at just over £100 for it i`m not going to moan about it .Let`s see if they have any in stock in the edinburgh branch before the 14 of nov as the cash back goes down to 30% after that date.