Yamaha amp wireing message

nightking2020

Novice Member
Reaction score
I’m getting to grips with my Yamaha z7 and have doubled check all connections
But when I get the results of the test I get a out of phase message when the test of the speaker cable proceeds
Driving me nuts tbh
I have tested a movie and it seems to sound correct and I’ve done a channel check with the test tones
Should I be worried or should I ignore as I have read that the microphone can give these messages even if everything is correctly wired
Any ideas folks

Attachments

• 951CA27A-7CD7-42DD-8B5F-0A122775932A.jpeg
    951CA27A-7CD7-42DD-8B5F-0A122775932A.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 26
I’m getting to grips with my Yamaha z7 and have doubled check all connections
But when I get the results of the test I get a out of phase message when the test of the speaker cable proceeds
Driving me nuts tbh
I have tested a movie and it seems to sound correct and I’ve done a channel check with the test tones
Should I be worried or should I ignore as I have read that the microphone can give these messages even if everything is correctly wired
Any ideas folks
Well known bug :)
Check the wire and if connected right ignore the message.

I get the message too with my new Yamaha AVR. I knew it had to be in error because I had triple-checked all of my connections before I even powered it up for the first time. I had to check again just because, and needn't have second guessed myself.

Sometimes does not appear after YPAO calibration but most of the times does.
You might get confused but IT IS A known BUG.
Just confirm visually that the wires are right way and ignore.

ive doubled checked all my wiring and everything is connected correctly....... im using 1 pair of mission 753 freedom towers for the front and rear and a 753 for the centre
the set up result has the towers at large and centre at small.........

ive doubled checked all my wiring and everything is connected correctly....... im using 1 pair of mission 753 freedom towers for the front and rear and a 753 for the centre

Set them no lower than small 50hz, for movies

For music pure direct (aka large) is ok

That bug may have been fixed by a firmware update. Firmware doesn’t update automatically on the Z7 - the latest version is v1.23 so you might want to check.

I have a RX-V3900 which is an almost identical model to the Z7 and it’s never once got the wiring test wrong.

It isn'r a bug and is something that can effect all AV receivers, both current and older models. The AV receiver simply reports what it detects. If you are however [positive that the speakers are correctly wired in phase then you can ignore any out of phase warning an AV receiver brings up. THe issue will not effect the receiver or the audio it outputs ubless the speakers are in fact wired out of phase. Reasons for the phase issue are varied, but basically boil down to 2 points. One being your room's acoustics and the other veing that some speakers have crossovers that will result in the AV receiver assuming the speakers are not in pgase.

Even the AV receiver manufacturers recofnise that this issue can arise and ordinarilly add a note in their manuals telling owners that such error messages can be ignored if you are sure that the speakers are indeed correctly wired.

If the speakersare correctly wired then the warning has no detrimental effect what so ever on the AV receuiver or its output. The warning is simply there to help the owner to check and ensure that there speakers are correctly wiired in phase.

As to speaker sizes, you'd be advised to ignore the settings that result from an auto calibration anyway and to always manually set speakers as being SMALL regardless of their physical size or rated capabilities. The AV receiver simply measures their roll off and if it measures a roll ogg below 60Hz then it will designate the associated speakers as being LARGE.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom