Yamaha All in one Audio System.

paulmathews

Standard Member
I just bought a new 63 inch 1080p 3D TV and want to upgrade my pathetic audio system, it's just an Old pioneer All in one 5.1 system.

I live in an apartment so I will not be cranking this system up and the sound system I have sounds great to me so I am not an Audiophile at all :)

I do know this system would sound @&@&&@ loads better though, which is all I really want.

Only reason I needed the upgrade is for 7.1 and the Blu ray Audio codecs, I want to get the most out of my Blu Ray listening. Also i want something that will look nice with my TV and I think these will.

This is the system I am looking at.

YHT-894AU

Yamaha Music Australia - Audio Visual - Home Theatre Packages - YHT-894AU

It has a RX-V567 receiver.

I know you all could tell me what would be better and what amp, speakers and everything to get, but I am not that fussy, as long as it sounds good I will be happy.

/PS I am in Australia so model numbers might be different.

Thanks if you can help.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
I would not worry about 7.1 as there are hardly any 7.1 encoded discs around anyway. Also the benefits of 7.1 will also depend on your room layout and the ability to put the speakers in the correct location. The Yamaha speakers are probably the weak point of the system you link too. Not sure what is available in Australia but a speaker package from Jamo/Q Accoustics/Mission/Mordaunt Short would be better and you should be able to get the reciever and speaker package for around the same budget.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom