Yamaha A6A or Anthem MRX740?

terrykuiho

Novice Member
Hello, I currently have a HT setup with a pair of good fronts speakers paradigm prestige 75F, Yamaha AVR RX-V675, and a bunch of low-end central, surround LR, Suround back LR, subwoofer and speakers.

As next steps of upgrade, I want to get a new AVR.
I have 2 potential options on my list, Yamaha A6A and Anthem MRX 740.

may I ask your opinions? Or anything other than those 2 that I listed.

one note, I eventually want to set up a dedicated stereo system that I can enjoy therefore for the AVR must have good preamp out and preamplifier quality.

thanks in advance!

Terry

terrykuiho

Novice Member
Hi guys, I am thinking of getting a used Anthem MRX740 since I saw a very attractive price.

What do you think? Does anyone have any previous experience of getting Anthem AVR used? Is Anthem AVR reliable? And does anyone know how the warranty works when purchase used?

Thanks a lot!

xSLYx

There's been a few bugs on the anthem mrx's, best to look at the thread and see if it suits you or not.
The fact that anthem has stated that the noisy fans are working as intended has put me off that model personally. Am looking at the Yamahas myself now but trying to wait for some reviews and comments from users first.

DodgeTheViper

I’ve merged your two threads again as you don’t need two threads with the same query.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom