1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yamaha A595a remote codes

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by green manalishi, Apr 4, 2003.

1. green manalishi

green manalishi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've got a yamaha A595a av amp and the remote control will operate all my equipment, but i can't get it to control the telewest box.

it's got a 'cable' setting, but telewest are not listed in the manual. it's got a fair list of companies but none i recognise - stuff like 'united cable' and birmingham cable communications'. there's even a 'british telecom' entry.

does anyone know how to get this going on a telewest box, or what cable supplier listed in the manual might be compatable with telewest?

cheers.

2. dnrc

dnrc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You're gonna have to do one of a few things, either find out if anything is compatible by asking at remotecentral.com

Or, and i've done this for a VCR on a yamaha remote, go through all the codes until you find one that works (if you do)

Other than that, i cannot help you mate

3. green manalishi

green manalishi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers dnrc, i'm hoping to avoid your second suggestion, but if all else fails...

in the meantime i'll have a look at the site you recomend, haven't seen it before so theres always that glimmer of hope.

i'll report back and let you know how it goes with remotecentral.com

4. jsebright

jsebright
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Most of the telewest / pace boxes don't work with standard IR, if you've got the 1000 box you definitely won't get it to work with the Yamaha remote, and probably won't with the other pace boxes either.
    Have a look in the UK section of the TiVo forums - TiVo owners have to buy a separate box to control these Pace cable boxes:
    http://www.tivocommunity.com/

5. green manalishi

green manalishi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, i've kinda given up on this one tbh, buti'll have a look at the site to see if there is any gen.