• Buy now A2A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buy now (something else)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait a couple of months

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

whats_this

I have an older 5.1 amp with no HDMI switching. I would like to upgrade in the next few months to take care of HDMI switching/atmos etc to something in the £700-900 price bracket.

I can get an A2A for £800 to pair with some Monitor Audio Bronze 300s & C250, but I'm a bit on the fence given all the issues that Yamaha have had with the software updates and that the HDMI bandwidth will be capped at 24 Gbps. Ideally I'd like to purchase something I can keep for 5+ years. Do people think now is a good / bad time to buy?

Any suggestions for alternatives to the A2A that I should be looking at?

D

Deleted member 901590

I'd wait if you can resist the temptation. A similar thread here, some of the discussion may interest you:

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
For most products, now is a good time although if you think you are going to use the full bandwidth of what's available, then all you need to do is move to an av receiver which offers you the requirements you feel you are going to us.

I have to say, that now is a good time to buy unlike the last three or four as the evolution of HDMI plus other features seems to have slowed

whats_this

For most products, now is a good time although if you think you are going to use the full bandwidth of what's available, then all you need to do is move to an av receiver which offers you the requirements you feel you are going to us.

I have to say, that now is a good time to buy unlike the last three or four as the evolution of HDMI plus other features seems to have slowed

I’m not really sure if I need the 24 gbps to be honest. My priority is 4k UHD over gaming really. What makes you say now is a good time?

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
As your going to be keeping it over 5 years, the semiconductor issue isn’t as important regarding a return. But as you know what your requirements are, there is now an AV Receiver that will fit the bill whereas only a couple of years ago, you would’ve been lucky to even find an AV Receiver which could work with the some of the standardised requirements as they was the wide spread of products using these features

One thing I will say is that if you are looking at gaming, then make sure you choose an AV Receiver which uses the latest gaming requirements like ALLM / QMS / QFT / VRR as these will be more important to you than some of the other features. So, maybe look towards Denon or Marantz if your going to be using it for gaming

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom