Yamaha A/V amp remote control

Wilseus

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea how to take apart the remote control for a Yamaha RXV657 A/V amplifier? My wife decided to spill tea on the thing and now it malfunctions, so I was going to have a stab at cleaning up the PCB.

Thanks

No idea but my mate told me he got a mobile working again that had suffered a similar fate by putting it in a bowl of uncooked rice. Bizarre but he said it works.

No idea but my mate told me he got a mobile working again that had suffered a similar fate by putting it in a bowl of uncooked rice. Bizarre but he said it works.

Long or short grain?

I'd imagine that the rice would adsorb any moisture? Problem is that tea may leave deposits on the PCB after the liquid has evaporated? You usually need to wash PCBs with distilled water after they've had something spilt onto them. Distilled water is less likely to leave mineral deposits on the PCB after you used it to clean away other liquids/deposits and after it dries.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'd heard about the rice thing before.

In the end I put the thing on the radiator for a couple of hours and it seems to be woirking now. If it malfunctions again I might try dipping it in distilled water and drying it thoroughly afterwards.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom