Yamaha A-S801 with KEF Q300

1981rt

Novice Member
Hi there,

Have the system bi-wired and have the setting to A+B (Bi-wired) on the front. Has anyone an idea what impedance setting I should be using?

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
Those speaker terminals are the same point inside the amp, so the single-wiring or bi-wiring has no effect on impedance.

The consensus is to simply use the 8 ohm setting all the time.

But, you are free to choose which ever setting you want based on the speakers you have.

Steve/bluewizard

1981rt

Novice Member
Thanks Steve, thinking of upgrading the speakers with some new bookshelf ones. What do you reckon would be great with the A-S801?

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
Thanks Steve, thinking of upgrading the speakers with some new bookshelf ones. What do you reckon would be great with the A-S801?
Would need a budget for that, and a sense of Floorstanding vs Bookshelf.

Nice amp, lots of power, lots of features, should work well for both movies and music.

I would guess speakers in roughly the £800 to £1600/pr range, though you are free to deviate as you see fit.

Steve/bluewizard

1981rt

Novice Member
1k. Bookshelf fits my space better. I've enjoyed the Q300s but can afford to step it up. What are their R300S like and what would the difference?

Member 778069

The R300s are big, big speakers, probably as close to a floorstander that you can get, without actually buying floorstanders.

With their big size comes a big sound, good dynamics and bass, but you will need some space for them to really shine.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom