Yamaha A-S2100, new speakers!

JohanEkelof

Standard Member
Hello!
I have a Yamaha A-S2100 and a Mytek Brooklyn DAC+.
Selling my big floorstanders and looking for new smaller speakers, either smaller floorstanders or bookshelf speakers.
ATC Scm11 or Scm19 is on top of my list to test. Then PMC 25.22 or 25.23.
Alos been looking at Harbeth, Spendor and ProAc.

Anyone here tried ATC with their Yamaha amp? Will it be efficient enough?

Cheers!

LampPost

Some nice components you have there, what type of music do you listen to? And how big is your room?

These are worth a listen:-

Last edited:

LampPost

SCM19's love power, you would want 150w plus into 8 ohms for them to sing.

P.S that info is from ATC themselves!

Last edited:

JohanEkelof

Standard Member
SCM19's love power, you would want 150w plus into 8 ohms for them to sing.

P.S that info is from ATC themselves!
Yeah that is what I have heard, afraid my Yamaha won't be enough for them. Some people says it WILL work though. I have to see if I can try it out myself at home from a dealer. Either the scm19 or scm11.
The Dynaudios Special 40s is on my radar as well!

I listen to almost all kinds of music! Very fond of indierock/pop. Bands like Half Moon Run, The War on Drugs, Giant Rooks, Colours in the Streets.
But even a lot Pink Floyd, Dire Straits and some electronic music. :)

Ugg10

Distinguished Member

these have been getting good reviews, direct seller so potentially better value, 45day home trial with 25euro return fee. Maybe worth a try.

interesting review that has a short comparison with the scm19 and pmc twenty.22.

Last edited:

DT79

Yeah that is what I have heard, afraid my Yamaha won't be enough for them. Some people says it WILL work though. I have to see if I can try it out myself at home from a dealer. Either the scm19 or scm11.
The Dynaudios Special 40s is on my radar as well!

I listen to almost all kinds of music! Very fond of indierock/pop. Bands like Half Moon Run, The War on Drugs, Giant Rooks, Colours in the Streets.
But even a lot Pink Floyd, Dire Straits and some electronic music. :)
Sounds like your musical tastes are not dissimilar to mine, so I can reccomend the Special 40s!

JohanEkelof

Standard Member

these have been getting good reviews, direct seller so potentially better value, 45day home trial with 25euro return fee. Maybe worth a try.

interesting review that has a short comparison with the scm19 and pmc twenty.22.

Used to own the s300 mkII. Very nice speakers! Haven't heard the s400 though.

JohanEkelof

Standard Member
Sounds like your musical tastes are not dissimilar to mine, so I can reccomend the Special 40s!
Will have to audition them. They are a bit over budget, the Evoke 20 would work but I've read there are a big leap from the Evokes to the SP40's.

LampPost

Whatever you go for make sure you get a home demo, it's amazing how different speakers sound in your own home compared to dealers demo rooms...

Last edited:

acgingersnaps

Surely, if smaller is your thing, then Neat or Spendor should be under consideration?

JohanEkelof

Standard Member
Surely, if smaller is your thing, then Neat or Spendor should be under consideration?
Yeah looking at Spendor as well. :) Neat are for me an unknown brand and I think not so common here in Sweden. Have read only great things about their speakers though.

acgingersnaps

Yeah looking at Spendor as well. :) Neat are for me an unknown brand and I think not so common here in Sweden. Have read only great things about their speakers though.
First time owner here, and only for a couple of months, but i love mine. Brilliantly balanced and rhythmic. Also, downward firing bass port, so handy in smaller spaces.

daddy999

I’ve got the AS 2100 amp running through Monitor Audio Gold 100 (5th gen). They do stand on MA matching stands. Vocals are simply beautiful, but when required, they can rock n roll. I use vinyl and streaming as source.

I also tried B&W, KEF, Dali, And Harbeth’s, in the end, the MA’s produced exactly the sound I was looking for.

JohanEkelof

Standard Member
I’ve got the AS 2100 amp running through Monitor Audio Gold 100 (5th gen). They do stand on MA matching stands. Vocals are simply beautiful, but when required, they can rock n roll. I use vinyl and streaming as source.

I also tried B&W, KEF, Dali, And Harbeth’s, in the end, the MA’s produced exactly the sound I was looking for.
Yeah been looking at those myself as well. :) A dealer here has a pair of pl100 mkII for sale as well at a heavy discount as it is used.