Yamaha A-S1100 amplifier

Fraziel

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, Anyone heard this amp? Cant seem to find any reviews. Is it any good and what sort of sound/tonal balance does it have? Would it match up well with Kef speakers? Specifically Kef LS50's. If anyone has any links to reviews that would be appreciated too.thanks

Several people on the forum have this amp and the A-S2100 (A-S2100, A-S1100, AS1100, AS2100). Most are very pleased. Search the forums, and you will find both mentioned in many discussions.

Steve/bluewizard

Look for Cornish Dave.............he has one.

Also look under A-S2100 reviews..........as people who have the A-S1100 hace chipped in there too.

I have the A-S2100 and can't speak highly enough about it. I have Kef R500's .

Yep I have one and it is connected to a pair of KEF R500s. I never touch the tone controls I am more than happy with ignoring these. Through the R500s I get good stereo separation and the balance is fine. On the occasional track I get a little too much bass but that is the K500s and my room not the amplifier. I have had the AS1100 for around a year now, it also worked well with a pair of Celestion Concepts.

Thanks , i was going to demo one then i saw the size of it! i have a good quality soundstsyle av rack and the amp is so deep it wont fit without moving other stuff off. Pity as it looks lovely and i think it would match kef ls50's.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom