Yamaha 767 sync issue

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by emporer, Feb 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. emporer

emporer
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    I have my Yamaha RXV767 hooked up with both HDMI outs going to my LG 47LW450U tv and my Optoma HD33 projector. I have an issue when watching stuff on the TV as its slightly out of sync amd just enough to be annoying, it's absolutely fine and spot on when watching the projector.

I presume its down to the lag on the tv, I can manually adjust sync obviously but want to know if its possible to adjust the sync on the HDMI outputs seperately.

Is this possible on the 767?

2. Rodders53

Rodders53

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +944
    :rtfm: Page 85 refers to lip sync auto (if display supports it) or manual adjustment times and says the adjustment is "effective at hdmi jack selected by [18]hdmi out" (sic)

This suggests if you set the amp to o/p on hdmi1 out ONLY you should be able to set the delay to suit that connected device... Then repeat for hdmi2 out ONLY....

Whether it's possible to have video output to BOTH devices with different delays is unlikely, but it seems possible the amp can store separate delay times to apply for each output. You will have to try it and see?

DO, however see what current settings are and whether AUTO works first (rather than making manual adjustments)... and check the spec of the TV (and PJ) to see if they can / should 'tell' the amp via hdmi how much delay to apply.