Yamaha 750 Wirring Error

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Parklife, Feb 11, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Parklife

Parklife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Just got my Yamaha 750 and used the auto setup. Every time I do it I get a wiring error and it tells me 2 of my speakers are reverded. I have checked all the connections and they are fine. I still get sound (and it sounds good!)

Any ideas what is causing this and how I get around it??

2. The Hemulen

The Hemulen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Are all the speakers the same make? It could be that the two it complains about have their drivers connected the other way round inside.
    It's normal practice to call the + terminal on a speaker the one that a positive Voltage on causes the bass cone to move out from the cabinet.
    It looks like in your set up two move in while the all teh others move out, the amp and automatic setup via the microphone have detected this and adjusted it accordingly.
    If you want to prove this (and can get to see the cones of all the speakers) then you can briefly test this by connecting a 1.5V battery to each and watching the movement of the cone. You'll probably find that with the two different ones the cone looks like being sucked into the cab.

3. Zacabeb

Zacabeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    According to Yamaha, it is normal for YPAO to mistakenly detect the speaker wiring as incorrect. YPAO does not compensate for this, it only reports the detected wiring. If you have checked your speaker connections and found they are wired correctly, you can ignore the message and should be able to bypass it and finish the YPAO setup.

4. Parklife

Parklife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Thanks guys. All the speakers are the same make so I can ignore that one!

Guess it is all ok! (and it sounds pretty damn good anyway!)