1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yamaha 750 remote

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by neuty, Jan 10, 2005.

1. neuty

neuty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +588
    does any body know if my yam 750 multi remote can control sky+ .

if so is there any special codes needed.

thanx to all who reply.

2. Mango Bob

Mango Bob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's successfullly learned my normal sky remote so I doubt it'll have problems with the Sky+ remote. You need to use the learn button on the top right...from memory you press the learn button (it's recessed so I use a paperclip to push it), press the button on the 750 remote, press the button on the sky remote (they have to face each other) and press learn again...read the manual though, I may be wrong!

Also make sure the remote in in DTV mode (or whichever input you have sky connected to).

I find it too much of a p*ss about though and just use the two remotes separately...the Yam remote's not ergonomic enough and you have to keep switching between amp/sky modes. I find it quicker to just pick up the other remote.

I'll eventually replace it with a Harmony or suchlike that wasn't designed in the 1970s :rotfl:

3. Loada

Loada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    You can also use your Sky+ remote to control the volume (and *some* other functions) of a Yamaha amp/receiver. I have a RXV650 receiver (the receiver version of the 750 amp) and a v2.0 Sky+ box and I've got my Sky+ remote's volume key controlling the amp's volume.

Basically, follow the information on this link:
    Hummer Sky+ Remote hack

(note the "punch-through" info at the bottom of the page).

For me, I found the 0204 yamaha code worked better. The 1304 gives you "standby" by pressing Sky+'s left cursor but I couldn't find a button that would turn the amp back on!

It's not exactly what the original poster was asking for but I reckon it's relevant. Hope it helps... :hiya:

4. neuty

neuty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +588
    thanx to you both

i will try them and find which i`m most happy with