1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha 750 question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Kryton3000, May 16, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Kryton3000

Kryton3000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking at buying a Yamaha 750. I have a question though to see if it will suit my needs.

I plan to connect:

1) Sky (via a JS Scart RGB to Component converter) to DTV component in.

2) A DVD player to DVD component in.

3) A VCR to VCR 1 composite in and VCR 1 composite out.

My question is could I send the signal from the DTV component in to VCR 1 composite out (to record SKY) while at the same time watch a DVD from DVD Component in to Monitor component out to my TV.

Hope this makes sense ... I am trying to determine if I can record one source and display another.

Cheers.

2. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    Not sure about the recording while wathcing although i think it is true as vide usualy has an in and an out.

But you will not be able to record because the conversion between component and composite is not possible. you can convert between s-vid and composite but only up to component.

3. Kryton3000

Kryton3000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    True, but the sky box has a video out and I can use a cheap SCART -> Composite RCA lead so no need to up-convert. I just need someone with a 750 to confirm if I can record one source and watch another. If not I will go for a Denon 2105 or 2805 which can do this.

4. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    I know my old 620 yammy could although i never actualy did it, i assume it can but if the others state it actualy can, and thats an important feature then get it. The difference in sound quality between the 750 and the 2105 is probably not great (although the 750 has won more awards). Also does the 2105 have component up conversion?

5. Kryton3000

Kryton3000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to confirm I have had a reply from Yahama and they said it is not possible with the 750 or 757.