1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha 750 or Denon 2805?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by probedb, Mar 12, 2005.

Tags:
  1. probedb

probedb
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
    HI all,

I know there's a step between these 2 and I can get the 750 from Germany for around £300 but I'm wondering if the 2805 is worth the extra? I know it's more future proof in terms of room 2 control, rs232 for controllers etc.

I have an old Denon AVR1700 which doesn't even have DTS! My speakers are Kef Coda 9 front pair (old Coda 9s not the latest), Model 90C centre and Eltax HT-2 rears.

I currently have a DVD player plugged in via coax, computer via coax as well as another sound card purely for audio via optical. Oh and DTV via analogue.

Will I really notice that much of a difference between the two. I'm quite happy to save a bit longer for the Denon as I've been very happy with my existing amp.

Any thought would be welcome :)

Paul.

2. jasper_mccrea

jasper_mccrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I can't say much about the 2805. I used to have a 2802, now have a 750, and while I think the yamaha is probably a bit better, it's a while since I had the denon, so can't make too much of a comparison. I'm happy with the Yamaha on the whole. The only thing it could use is different audio delays per input, but that may not be a problem for you.

I only paid £300 for the yamaha. The 1500 and 2500 are tempting, but there aren't any more features, and I don't need the extra power. The only thing Id save for is the AZ9 to get a real jump in terms of sound.

3. probedb

probedb
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
    OK cheers very much :) I think the 750 will probably do for me.