Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Yamaha 750 or Denon 2805?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by probedb, Mar 12, 2005.

Tags:
  1. probedb

probedb
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +180
    HI all,

I know there's a step between these 2 and I can get the 750 from Germany for around £300 but I'm wondering if the 2805 is worth the extra? I know it's more future proof in terms of room 2 control, rs232 for controllers etc.

I have an old Denon AVR1700 which doesn't even have DTS! My speakers are Kef Coda 9 front pair (old Coda 9s not the latest), Model 90C centre and Eltax HT-2 rears.

I currently have a DVD player plugged in via coax, computer via coax as well as another sound card purely for audio via optical. Oh and DTV via analogue.

Will I really notice that much of a difference between the two. I'm quite happy to save a bit longer for the Denon as I've been very happy with my existing amp.

Any thought would be welcome :)

Paul.

2. jasper_mccrea

jasper_mccrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I can't say much about the 2805. I used to have a 2802, now have a 750, and while I think the yamaha is probably a bit better, it's a while since I had the denon, so can't make too much of a comparison. I'm happy with the Yamaha on the whole. The only thing it could use is different audio delays per input, but that may not be a problem for you.

I only paid £300 for the yamaha. The 1500 and 2500 are tempting, but there aren't any more features, and I don't need the extra power. The only thing Id save for is the AZ9 to get a real jump in terms of sound.

3. probedb

probedb
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +180
    OK cheers very much :) I think the 750 will probably do for me.