1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yamaha 630rds upgrade under £500

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by danfrance110, Dec 31, 2003.

Tags:
  1. danfrance110

danfrance110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Looking to upgrade my current receiver, a yammy 630rds to something a little more powerful and upto date. Currently have B&W 603s3, lcr600, 600s3 and asw650 speakers which I have no intentions of upgrading in the near future as I am very happy with them. Looking to spend no more than say £500 unless there is a significant jump in performance for a little bit more cash. Also not really worried about 7 channels of amplication, 5.1/6.1 is all I need and I don't mind buying second hand if there are some good buys out there.Looking at a couple of sale items in my local superfi saw a sony va555es and a yammy 740rds for under £500 which looked like good buys. Any opinions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

2. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd definitely recommend the Sony 555 you saw at superfi - that's one hell of an offer they've got (you can buy it off the web too).

You might want to also try a Pioneer VSX-AX3, which sells for around £599. And Denon's 2803, which sells for around £450, although isn't in the same league as the Pioneer or Sony.

I wouldn't recommend the Yamaha, simply because I hate the aesthetics of Yamaha receivers, and wasn't overly impressed with the sound quality (although it was good).