Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Yamaha 620AX - On Screen Set Up???

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Lester's Cloud, Mar 31, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Lester's Cloud

Lester's Cloud

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Small annoying problem....... please help!

I have Yamaha DSP620AX amp and Pioneer 626D DVD player. These are connected directly with high quality SCART.

I have my cable TV and video connected to the last remaining SCART on the TV.

The amp is not normally connected up to the TV for video input as I don't need it to do any switching, just audio.........

So - the TV has one last input, a s-video input on the front. I was hoping to connect the s-video TV input with the amp s-video output using a common or garden audio cable........

When I do this the on screen set up appears, however it floats all over the screen and is very hard to use.

I have tried removing one or both SCARTs when connecting the s-video but this doesn't seem to help.

Do I need a different cable (remember I only need this to set up, not watch video through) or is there an easy solution.......

Thanks,

Lester's Cloud

2. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Are you sure it's s-vid? Or are you connecting via composite, if you're using what I assume is a standard phono cable? Make sure all other inputs are switched off and cycle through your AV channels.

What do you mean by 'floats all over the screen'?

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    If you have a phono video input on the front of the TV a single phono from Monitor Out to this input should do the trick. It does on my Marantz.

As it is not connected permanently I just disconnect one of the other leads and use that.

4. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    That's what I do with my 620, and I'm assuming that's what Mr Cloud is trying to do as well...

5. Lester's Cloud

Lester's Cloud

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not quite sure what I was doing wrong, but it's all cool now, like three little fonzies.........

thanks all.:D