1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha 620 probs !

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by blackcat, May 18, 2003.

Tags:
  1. blackcat

blackcat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    While listening to Audio in surround mode, I have an irritating "interference" sound coming from my speakers, but if i change to "effect off" mode it dissapears. Could it be my speaker wire connections? this problem has only just occured, the Amp is 12 months old. Anyone with any ideas ? Thanks in advance.:confused:

2. JFK

JFK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Which speakers is it coming from? What volume is it at (on screen of amp) when you can hear the noise? While listening to audio, is it CD or is TV & DVD aswell?

Turn all equipment off but amp and turn volume upto -25db on screen and have it selected to dvd in normal prologic surround mode, is there a electrical current crackling noise coming from the tweeters of the main left & right channels?

3. blackcat

blackcat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi JFK,

While in Dolby Pro Logic, Dolby Digital surround mode with the amp ONLY switced on, it has the crackling noise coming from the tweeters like you said at around -25db. While in "effect off" mode it is as clear as a bell !

Any ideas Jfk ? Is my amp faulty ? and if so does Yamaha products have a standard 2 yr warranty , as its around 13 months old .

Thanks for your help.