1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yamaha 620 and/or pioneer 656a owners...

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Mr Cat, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Hi, I've an ongoing problem whilst trying to play DVD-a and SACD on my setup.
    I've got the following discs -
    REM - dvd-a
    the pogues - dvd-a
    mike oldfield - sacd

I can play rem using dvd-a (configured on the dvd player), but when I played the pogues and mike oldfield they only play using 2 channels, however, when I configure the dvd player to play using dvd-v it plays multichannel (for the pogues), but I'm not blown away with the sound quality...
    I use the 6ch input, and I'm using 3 sets of phono leads...
    the manuals aren't that clear anyway.

whats settings should I be looking at, and what settings do you lot use..?
    any tips would be useful...:confused: :confused:

2. manny

manny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hello there. i'm not near my player right now, but if i remember right, you go into setup and select sacd playback options and pick multi channel. dvd-audio option should be left at dvd-audio, if it's at dvd-v you only get dolby digital or dts. hope this is of help, and hope you enjoy your discs. oh, with tubular bells you need to listen for a minute or two before all the speakers kick in. er, except the centre, it's actually a 4 channel mix...

3. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Hi Manny, thanks for that - you mention that it's only a 4 channel mix, so, does this mean I can only expect sound from my 2 main, and 2 rears (not that I've got any!) - and no sound from my centre or sub..?

so, in theory what I'm hearing is correct..?
    that still wopuldn't explain why the pogues only plays 2 channel when I've got the dvd player setup as dvd-a, but multi-channel when I set it up as dvd-v...hmmm...