• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

yamaha 557

jayr6666

Established Member
ok,its the cheap one,got it just before the 757 surfaced.set of jbl sattelites and sub in a room 4m by 7m,wooden floors and very little in the way of sound deadening material and amp just sounds tinny.

Had harmon kardon before{40watts per ch......]and was much better than this.
Is it speakers, amp or stripped room? there is a lot of diff.......

cheers.jay

Dfour

Prominent Member
It could be you havent set the amp up as best as possible. It could also be the stripped room and it could also be your source player. It could also be your speakers dont like the yamaha's sound.

So what you need to do is :

1. Check the amps setup
  2. See if addign some soft furnishings/rugs/curtains makes any difference.
  3. Try and borrow some more speakers and a different source to see if it either of them.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Please also format your postings a little better so people can understand them and try and make your point better. If you have a question ask one.

Thanks
Dfour

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
I find the 557 to be bright with my MS avants, but they are ally coned, so I would expect this. I do like the more pronounced top end though, so I suppose it's down to taste.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom