1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha 492 value

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by bjcol, Jun 26, 2003.

Tags:
  1. bjcol

bjcol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

I have my old Yamaha 492 Prologic processor/3 channel amp sat in it's box in the garage. I'm thinking of trading it in at Audio T for a Soundstyle stand. What I want to know is what would be a reasonable trade in value? The stand I want is £320, I just want an idea for when I go there. I don't want to give it away but at the same time I don't need it anymore. What do they sell for usually? Mine is boxed with the remote and manual and is in excellent condition.

Thanks

Ben

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the yammy E492, sold it at cash converters for £40. Doubt you'll get over £100 because the E800 is out (which has DD & DTS) which of course the E492 lacks.

3. Bassbin

Bassbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    They go for about £30-£50 on ebay. I sold a DSPE580 (older and more costly version but no 5.1 input)earlier this year on there for £50 which surprised me. Worth asking you dealer though as he's probably got lots of profit margin on a stand. Although you should be able to get a discount or freebies on a £320 stand anyway.