1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yamaha 3090

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by nicke20, Oct 11, 2003.

Tags:
  1. nicke20

nicke20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have been offered the 3090 amp and asked to make an offer for it, its in a1 condition what are they worth and are there any faults to look out for?

2. sc1977

sc1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    no more than £275 really £300 max but as good as it is its limited now as its dolby digital only with no 6 channel input for future proofing

i dont want to put you off as its a quality amp (heavy too) and i owned one myself but technology has move on since then.

the 3090 was i think the first of its kind and has a good reputation but you can get more for your money now.

and here comes the shameless part LOL

I am selling a yamaha dsp a2 here on these forums check it out
    :smashin:

3. ghosti

ghosti
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, I am thinking about getting DSP-A3090 or A-700. Prices & conditions are really comparable, but my purpose is music and 2.0 JPW 203. Which will do the work better?

4. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,262
    If you're interest is with stereo then inbvest in a stereo integrated as opposed to an AV receiver. The cost of an AV receiver is mainly made up of the additional onboard amps, added processing plus the larger number of inputs and outputs. This additional cost can be better put towards higher grade components when dealing with stereo integrated amps. If only wanting a stereo setup then you are wasting money that could be otherwise spent on better hardware rather than it being spent on features you'll never need or use.

Anyway, the A3090 would be the better becase it uses higher grade components and a better PSU than that associated with the A700.