For Sale Yamaha 3040 Flagship Atmos AVR £1000

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by sjackson, Jul 16, 2015.

Tags:
  1. sjackson

sjackson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +539
    Here is the bargain of the century for someone.

A black Yamaha 3040 flagship AVR with 7.2.4 Atmos processing, 9 onboard amps, Yamahas own 3D DSP (which a lot of people think sounds better and more natural than Atmos), loads of HDMI in's and 2 outs. It's powering my Monitor Audio Apex 40's front three and sounds bloody amazing. Was even watching Oblivion in 2.1 at the weekend and I was stunned how good it sounded (I'm nearly talking myself out of selling this now.... :D)

Great reviews and winner of multiple awards etc:
    Knock yourself out with specs here: RX-A3040 - AV Receivers/Amplifiers - Yamaha - UK and Ireland

The AVR is built like a tank and absolutely mint. It's only 8 months old (bought from @Ideal AV on the 8th December 2014) so still at least 16 months warranty if not 28 months. I don't think the warranty is transferable but I'm happy to oblige with any claims.

It's simply a beautiful machine and a very reluctant sale. Only reason for sale is I'm looking at going pre/pro.

Price and currency: £1000
    Delivery: Delivery cost is not included
    Payment method: BT or PPG
    Advertised elsewhere?: Advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I have no preference

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  2. Ideal AV

Ideal AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,455
    I can vouch for this item being sold by Ideal AV and indeed as with Aventage 3040/2040`s it is 3 years warranty

this has to be the bargain of the year as its a blooming cracking AVR for someone and at middle level price rather than the price that flagship AVR`s command

3. AaronA

AaronA
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I could be interested in this if delivery is included and the warranty is transferable?

Perhaps Ideal AV can assist with the warranty question?

Can I also confirm the Amp comes with all original packaging, paperwork (inc purchase receipt) and all accessories?

Cheers
    Aaron

4. sjackson

sjackson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +539
    @AaronA

Thanks for your interest. I'm almost certain that the warranty is non-transferable but that said, I've been on the forums for nearly 10 years at this stage so I'm not going anywhere. I will be happy to assist in any warranty claims (as would be expected).

Yes the amp has all accessories and original packaging. I don't have the receipt to hand but I should be able to get a copy off @Ideal AV.

I have to admit that I'll be really struggling to include delivery at that price but I'm also not going to lose a potential sale over it.

5. AaronA

AaronA
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry for the delayed reply - Been busy with my daughter today.

I'll have a think on it as the warranty is an issue for me tbh. Over the years I've had several high value items develop issues such as watches, hifi and laptops and being the first owner has been a merry go round sorting out refunds/replacements.

Cheers,
    Aaron

6. sjackson

sjackson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +539
    OK, no problem at all.

I do notice on the page where I have the Yam registered I can change all my personal information, name, email, address etc so whether that might work or not I don't know.

7. sjackson

sjackson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +539
    As mentioned in the original post I have this AVR advertised elsewhere. Elsewhere I have received an offer of full asking price so the 3040 is now sold subject to payment.

8. Ideal AV

Ideal AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,455
    well done, someone has got a right bargain :smashin: