Yamaha 3010 and bk200 help

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mmattys30, Mar 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. mmattys30

mmattys30

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi I have a yamaha 3010 and a bk200 sub but don't have a clue how to set them up. What place do I put the lead in the sub and the amp as I can't get no sound or life out of my sub and I have only just got it. I have it plugged in but there no heat on the vents at the rear of the sub so is this faulty??

Thanks matt

2. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,964
    An RCA terminated coax lead should be used to connect the AV receiver's SUB1 Pre Out to the sub's right low pass RCA input. You will also need to go into the receiver's speaker configurations and ensure the Subwoofer setting is set to NORMAL. You will need to run YPAO after adding a sub so that its levels and distances can be correctly configured in relation to your listening position. Before running YPAO, turn the gain (volume) dial on the sub to somewhere between 9 and 12 o'clock. Set the sub's own low pass crossover (frequency) to 120Hz, Filter to LFE out. and set the phase to 0. Make sure that the sub is plugged in and that the power switch is set to on. There is actually a power LED on the sub so ensure this is lit.

Run the YPAO setup.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013