Yamaha 2600 Zone 2 Video Format?

cj

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Can anyone with one of these confirm the Zone 2 video output format - is it s-video or composite?

Thanks.

ild say it was composite

I've been looking at this and am a little confused! Is the monitor output for Zone 2 or not? And why are there two output connectors on the Zone 2 AV section which are a lighter yellow to the composite yellow?

I also read somewhere that you can only use zone 2 video for anything connected by composite - is this true?

Anyone actually have the zone 2 wired up on the 2600?

Thanks,

Adam

i dont use zone 2 or 3...

though i was thinking on using the speakers B

for a pair of speakers in kitchen..

maybe.........

adds58 said:
I've been looking at this and am a little confused! Is the monitor output for Zone 2 or not? And why are there two output connectors on the Zone 2 AV section which are a lighter yellow to the composite yellow?

I also read somewhere that you can only use zone 2 video for anything connected by composite - is this true?

Anyone actually have the zone 2 wired up on the 2600?

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam

The zone 2 output will not perform any video conversion, so yes only composite inputs can be output. However, you could connect composite video and component from the same device for example, and the amp would use the component input for zone 1 and composite for zone 2.

Regards

Chris Moseley
Yamaha UK

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom