• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Yamaha 2600 and av connections...pc, dvd to tv

DrMekon

Established Member
My TV has a single scart....

I have a Denon 1920, and a PC both with HDMI output... can I connect both of these vis HDMI to the Yam, and then connect the Yam to my single scart socket on the TV either by s-video or rgb??

I know there is no gain in picture quality, as the TV scart is the wekest link, however I have HDMI cables, and listen to dvd-audio.. and both dvd and pc are capable of HDMI output, so I may as well use them....

I currently have the DVD connected to the YAM via HDMI (for dvd-audio), and have a single rca from the monitor out on the receiver to a 3 rca scart adapter video in on the TV - I can see the amps GUI but no video.

I would rather not have to buy a complete new cable setup for all devices, especially when the pc and dvd are already connected to the receiver via hdmi.....

However, if it is a simple case that this method is not possible, then I will have to.. it just seems straight forward to me!! Two hdmi conenctions to the amp, and then s-video or rgb to the tele.. but then I suppose this is "downscaling" and I dont know if thts possible!!!!!!

Jeje2

Established Member
DrMekon said:
My TV has a single scart....

I have a Denon 1920, and a PC both with HDMI output... can I connect both of these vis HDMI to the Yam, and then connect the Yam to my single scart socket on the TV either by s-video or rgb??

no.

Receiver cann't downconvert. Hdmi input requires hdmi output.

DrMekon

Established Member
Thanks...

At last.. an honest, straight forward answer.... Ive posted this question on a few forums, and got into all sorts of discussions.. when really, all I wanted was a straight answer...!!!

CHEERS!!:clap: :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom