Yamaha 2600 and av connections...pc, dvd to tv

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by DrMekon, Aug 3, 2006.

Tags:
  1. DrMekon

DrMekon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    My TV has a single scart....

I have a Denon 1920, and a PC both with HDMI output... can I connect both of these vis HDMI to the Yam, and then connect the Yam to my single scart socket on the TV either by s-video or rgb??

I know there is no gain in picture quality, as the TV scart is the wekest link, however I have HDMI cables, and listen to dvd-audio.. and both dvd and pc are capable of HDMI output, so I may as well use them....

I currently have the DVD connected to the YAM via HDMI (for dvd-audio), and have a single rca from the monitor out on the receiver to a 3 rca scart adapter video in on the TV - I can see the amps GUI but no video.

I would rather not have to buy a complete new cable setup for all devices, especially when the pc and dvd are already connected to the receiver via hdmi.....

However, if it is a simple case that this method is not possible, then I will have to.. it just seems straight forward to me!! Two hdmi conenctions to the amp, and then s-video or rgb to the tele.. but then I suppose this is "downscaling" and I dont know if thts possible!!!!!!

2. Jeje2

Jeje2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    no.

Receiver cann't downconvert. Hdmi input requires hdmi output.

3. DrMekon

DrMekon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Thanks...

At last.. an honest, straight forward answer.... Ive posted this question on a few forums, and got into all sorts of discussions.. when really, all I wanted was a straight answer...!!!

CHEERS!!:clap: :clap: