1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha 2500 Auto Setup

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by betamac, Dec 22, 2004.

Tags:
  1. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well i received it today and ran auto setup

seems to have set things up totally differently to the 1400

I Use Kef Q7 Fronts, Q1 Rears And PSW2500 Sub

Its set the fronts and rears to large and set the crossover to 200

On my 1400 it set the crossover to 80 ? abit of a difference although sticking on Lion King Enhanced HT Mix it sounded amazing so maybe its for the better?

Also a slight niggle it says my front left and front right are out of phase i have checked the cable and as far as i can tell they are plugged in the right way round shall i just ignore this or change them round so it thinks there ok?

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would not worry about it the Auto setups tend to get things wrong as long as you have physically checked they are ok then good enough.
    I would change the Xover though 200 seems way too high especially for the Q7's.

John

3. Poolsharkie69

Poolsharkie69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 1500 and the auto setup was a bit off for me. Can u tell me what the onscreen GUI looks like? I just got my 1500 about 2 weeks ago and read on this forum that is one of the differences between the 2 receivers. Thanks

4. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. Poolsharkie69

Poolsharkie69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    80 is THX rec. I have mine set that way and it seems to sound fine. My specs are in my sig...i also just posted a thread with my full specs a few moments ago. Damn I like that interface...not sure if that is enough for me to upgrade already to the 2500 I have only had the 1500 a week or so. I think there is a large price difference between the 2 as well.

6. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,080
    200 does seem high set it below 100 imo.