Yamaha 2050, OSD kills video signal?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by patriot20001, Jun 11, 2017.

1. patriot20001

patriot20001
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am in need of a AV genius to hopefully help me.
    I have an LG OLED B6, Yama 2050, Zidoo X9s media player. Hi-speed HDMI cables.
    My problem is when I set the Zidoo to 4k (2160p at any hz) auto deep colour or 10bit etc and colour space to either auto or 420, 422 444 and then I press the yamaha remote for OSD (on screen or display) I lose the video signal and get the piano background. The info button tells me the HDMI resolution is ???
    I have no idea what part of my chain could be killing this set-up?
    The Yamaha has been tried in Mode 1 and 2. I have swapped out HDMI cables and changed around which sockets I use.
    Could anyone , anywhere have an idea that may help. Please.
    many thanks Rich

2. peter-d-w

peter-d-w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    What happens when you connect your Zidoo directly to the TV with the same settings?

3. patriot20001

patriot20001
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I will check but I would not be sure if I was getting the 4k @ 60hz etc?. My main concern i guess is why does it lose the video signal when i press a button on the remote control? I have tried another exact same zidoo and still the same prob?

4. peter-d-w

peter-d-w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    I'm not familiar with LG TV's but isn't there an info button on the remote which will tell you what format the input signal is in?

5. patriot20001

patriot20001
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi again, as far as i know and can see the info in when you have a mouse on the top left og the LG screen (hover over the HDMI channel displayed and click it) it does say 2160p. but again why would pressing onscreen, or other buttons on the yamaha remote kill the video signal ? that is what is confusing the heck out of me. thanks tho for the support. Rich

6. peter-d-w

peter-d-w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Now we know that your Zidoo is outputting what it should, reconnect it to the Yamaha then try manual switching to the input dedicated to the Zidoo on your Yamaha.

7. patriot20001

patriot20001
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    sorry could you please explain a bit more what you mean? I use auto and also chose manually on the Zidoo? is that what you mean? or is it some setting in the yamaha? cheers

8. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,630
    If the Zidoo is connected to AV1 for examply then select AV1 manually using the remote. Also press ON SCREEN and bring up the associated configurations side bar, scroll down to INFORMATION and select this. What does it say in relation to both the incoming audio and video signals? I'd maybe also suggest you set the receiver's video processing to DIRECT to rule this out of the equation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  9. patriot20001

patriot20001
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Dante01. just tried what you said and still no change. The TV tells me 2160p is being displayed, the zidoo tells me that it is getting 2160 but when I press on screen I lose the video but retain the sound?