Quantcast

yamaha 1400

NGD Boy

I have just bought the above amp and I am having a bit of trouble setting it up with a screen.... I have a normal tv, and I want to use the mic supplied with the amp to perform the automatic setup..... not sure how to hook up screen so that it can display the OSD... basically, I want to see the OSD on tv to help me set it up........thanks in advance
Carl

NGD Boy

here is a pic.....if anyone can help

Attachments

hornydragon

try composite to a scart socket or the AV input on the front/side (use monitor out on amp) and you should be able to follow th manual into the menu and see the onscreen setup you can use an audio phono lead and PS2 scart adapter block if you need to use scart input on telly

NGD Boy

could I try a this.... component from monitor out on amp to vga port on laptop as I have a 3 RCA to vga lead ?

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
Just use a single RCA to RCA cable from the composite monitor out on the receiver to the auxilliary input on the TV, usually under a flip down panel on the front of the TV.

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
fortywinks said:
could I try a this.... component from monitor out on amp to vga port on laptop as I have a 3 RCA to vga lead ?
no. the vga port on your laptop is an input only, and it is a completely different signal type anyway.

NGD Boy

Thanks guys, will give it a go now:thumbsup: