1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha 1400 - OSD via Component?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by serdar13, Mar 23, 2004.

Tags:
  1. serdar13

serdar13
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After spending time setting up the Yamaha 1400 I cant seem to get OSD (OnScreenDisplay) to show upover a video signal when viewing through Component out of the amp.

I have setup all my audio/video equipment through my amp but cant seem to get this to work. S-video works but not through component into my RP. All i get is the standard grey screen with text but isn't overlayed over the video signal.

I have checked the manual and set the option for component OSD to 'on' in the menu but still no joy.

Can anyone help me?

2. CARLOS

CARLOS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,212
    The reason being it doesn`t generate an on screen display through the component connection, It will only show the on screen display on the component output if upconverting from s-video or composite as it generates the on screen display on the s-vid or composite before the conversion !

Hope that makes sense :lesson:

3. serdar13

serdar13
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. I had assumed the same but why yamaha doesn't allow direct OSD through component without upconversion i don't know.

Maybe they will bring out a firmware update soon.