Yamaha 1400 - OSD via Component?

serdar13

Standard Member
After spending time setting up the Yamaha 1400 I cant seem to get OSD (OnScreenDisplay) to show upover a video signal when viewing through Component out of the amp.

I have setup all my audio/video equipment through my amp but cant seem to get this to work. S-video works but not through component into my RP. All i get is the standard grey screen with text but isn't overlayed over the video signal.

I have checked the manual and set the option for component OSD to 'on' in the menu but still no joy.

Can anyone help me?

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
The reason being it doesn`t generate an on screen display through the component connection, It will only show the on screen display on the component output if upconverting from s-video or composite as it generates the on screen display on the s-vid or composite before the conversion !

Hope that makes sense :lesson:

serdar13

Standard Member
Thanks for that. I had assumed the same but why yamaha doesn't allow direct OSD through component without upconversion i don't know.

Maybe they will bring out a firmware update soon.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T9/X Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom