1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha 1400 & Alien DTS sound

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by nelius, Apr 18, 2004.

Tags:
  1. nelius

nelius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I just popped this disc into my Yamakawa 365 and I am getting no sound from it. If I skip to chapter 3 then the sound plays. After a short time it drops out again. Begins if I skip forward a few chapters. I've hooked up my old Philips player to my Yamaha 1400 receiver and it has the same problem. I previously had a Yamaha DSP-A1 amp and had no problems when I played this movie in DTS with both of these players. I've tried it over a coaxial and optical connection, with both giving the same results. Please tell me that I don't have a dud receiver. :(

The Dolby Digital track plays fine though. Any other movies with DTS have played fine (was just playing Band of Brothers before it).

Any info?

EDIT: Should have mentioned that the receiver display is flashing between DTS and Dolby PL.

2. nelius

nelius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just had a reply email from a guy in the US who has the same problem as I have. I wanted to know which receiver he was using and it turns out he's also using a Yamaha RX-V 1400 RDS also. Can other Yamaha 1400 owners please try out their copy of Alien with DTS sound enabled and let me know if they encounter any problems? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

3. nelius

nelius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Digging this thread out again to see if any new Yamaha 1400 owners have surfaced.
    I've been onto Yamaha Support and they are claiming that the 1400 has such a good processor that it shows up any incorrectly encoded DVD. I'm a bit reluctant to believe that answer. They claim Fox are responsible for the problem. I've encountered it now with the R1 NTSC DVD and the R2 NTSC Japanese DVD. Since I'm in Europe, I'm more than likely up the creek without a paddle with regards to Fox helping out. Here are the 2 replies I got from Yamaha Europe:

Second email: