• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Yamaha 1065 setup

stefan32

Standard Member
hi just bought this amp and having no luck with setting this up is there anyone out there with a little patience to go through the whole setup.

I've connected all speakers and cables just arent getting any 5.1 from bluray, sky hd or ps3, ie: true hd, dolby digitaland so on.

I change the audio options on the dvd or bluray but still no joy.

also my bluray plays 1080i and skyhd doesnt it upscale?

any help guys would really be appreciated

S Bibby

Hi Stefan,

hi just bought this amp and having no luck with setting this up is there anyone out there with a little patience to go through the whole setup.

Have you gone through the auto calibration and speaker setup as described in the manual? Also, what speakers do you have - the impedance matching could be important (this is a known issue for Yamaha owners).

FAQ

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
my bluray plays 1080i and skyhd doesnt it upscale?

any help guys would really be appreciated

It does upscale but why would you want it to, the Bluray player and SkyHD box can be set to 1080p so why not just do that?

As for the audio problems, does the test tone play correctly?

stefan32

Standard Member
hi guys thanks for getting back i've managed to set this amp up.

Bowers and wilkins m1 speakers
bowers and wilkins asw 2500 sub

Anyway just managed to do the firmware update all is well.
Plugged my wii into av2 and audio into audio1 got sound and picture but the resolution is 480p doesnt it upscale to a higher resolution? also when i do info on that input it reads out of resolution have you come across this before?

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
hi guys thanks for getting back i've managed to set this amp up.

Bowers and wilkins m1 speakers
bowers and wilkins asw 2500 sub

Anyway just managed to do the firmware update all is well.
Plugged my wii into av2 and audio into audio1 got sound and picture but the resolution is 480p doesnt it upscale to a higher resolution? also when i do info on that input it reads out of resolution have you come across this before?

To get it to upscale you need to go into Setup then Function Setup then HDMI and finally change the Resolution option from 'Through' to 720p/1080i/1080p, whichever you want it to output.

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
sorry dont follow. componenet in is set on av2 sound audio 1. how do i assign it to hdmi

Forget what I said, got abit mixed up and started to think back to when I had my PC connected to my amp via HDMI for video and optical for audio and I had to assign the optical to the HDMI manually.

Afraid I have no idea why it wont upscale.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom