Promoted Yamaha’s Flagship AVENTAGE AV Receivers have been re-born under the concept of True Sound

TechEnthu

There seem to be issues with a testing unit of A6A left with Gene from Audioholics. He said today:

"This thing is a hot mess RN in how it handles digital fullscale and also the amp distortion. I'm biding my time publishing configuration set up tips for fellow owners until I can get some answers from Japan as to if they are working on fixes to what I've found. I'm not thrilled RN as you could imagine."

His full review is pending.

whitehart

There seem to be issues with a testing unit of A6A left with Gene from Audioholics. He said today:

"This thing is a hot mess RN in how it handles digital fullscale and also the amp distortion. I'm biding my time publishing configuration set up tips for fellow owners until I can get some answers from Japan as to if they are working on fixes to what I've found. I'm not thrilled RN as you could imagine."

His full review is pending.
I suspect his graphs are better than my ears

TechEnthu

Have you enquired about having your ears replaced with graphs?
Or reversing time and trying to get younger. Aging also affects sensitivity of ears to distortions.

Current distortion found on one channel could be audible. It's not a drama, it's an issue to be discovered and be aware of in order to make a push for firmware update.

whitehart

Or reversing time and trying to get younger. Aging also affects sensitivity of ears to distortions.

Current distortion found on one channel could be audible. It's not a drama, it's an issue to be discovered and be aware of in order to make a push for firmware update.
Tbh I prefer seeing sound on graphs even makes Oasis look brilliant on a graph. maybe in future yamaha could include this, maybe adding a printing device to the front of it producing a graph.

being serious though I read once you get to 16 your hearing from then onwards gets worse so by the time we all reach 30 we've had it lol

TechEnthu

Tbh I prefer seeing sound on graphs even makes Oasis look brilliant on a graph. maybe in future yamaha could include this, maybe adding a printing device to the front of it producing a graph.
Better monitors arrive with calibration report, as a standard. There is no reason for higher tier AVR not to arrive with similar SINAD measures, as part of internal benchmarking before shipment.

If we do not expect from vendors some basic stuff, we will never get it. It's in consumers' interest to have such simple report from internal testing shiped within box or at least link to exact model and serial number to check such measurements online. It's up to vendors to try to build trust among buyers.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom