Yamah RX-V6a Zone2 output to CD recorder possible?

loveHiFi

Novice Member
Hello All,
I have the Yamaha RX-v6a AV receiver and want to try to record to CD from it. The only output I see that might be useful is the zone2 out. I have my phono input into the receiver and want to output that same signal to a Tascam CD-RW900MKII Professional Rackmount CD Recorder/Player. I want to hear the record playing through my speakers as I record. Does anyone know if this is possible? I thought I'd ask before just trying, b/c I didn't want to possibly damage the circuitry in the recorder.

There are 2 ways to output via zone2, directly connecting speakers, and using it to feed an analog signal to an amplifier. I think the later is like a "line out" and that is what I want to try.

Thanks in advance!

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
Some devices permit Zone 2 output to be set to FIXED level, enabling it to be used to feed an external recorder (FIXED = LINE OUT). Unfortunately, your Yamaha RX_V6A does not have the feature, so the output is subject to the volume control.

You could try setting the volume of the second zone to full and recording from it. Your RX_V6A does support separate setting of the volume between zone 1 and zone 2, so this would be something you could attempt.

loveHiFi

Novice Member
Some devices permit Zone 2 output to be set to FIXED level, enabling it to be used to feed an external recorder (FIXED = LINE OUT). Unfortunately, your Yamaha RX_V6A does not have the feature, so the output is subject to the volume control.

You could try setting the volume of the second zone to full and recording from it. Your RX_V6A does support separate setting of the volume between zone 1 and zone 2, so this would be something you could attempt.
Thank you for the reply. I'll try what you suggest.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom