1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamah AV Amp/Roksan HiFi Help

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by BillyW, May 20, 2002.

1. BillyW

BillyW
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All, wondering if someone could help me setting up these two together.
    I just got myself a Yamaha DSP-AX630SE and want to use my existing Roksan Kandy amp to power my main front two speakers (Dynaudio's). I've connected the main 2 pre-outs to the video input on the kandy but all I get is a loud humming. I can connect an effect (say rear left) pre-out to an input on the kandy and that works fine, just not the fronts. Is there something I need to do with setting up the main speakers within the yamaha set up to get this to work right? On the kandy there are pre-in and remote-out connections with jumpers connecting them, do I need to do something with them?

TIA Billy

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,515
    I'm not familair with the Roksan amp, but i believe those jumper bars on the pre-in's are for when you use the amp for bi-amping.

But does the manual mention anything about these?

As for the yamaha problem.......no reason why it shouldn't work.

When you take the pre-out for the fronts, to the Roksan, are u leaving the Speaker select switch on the Yamaha the same. As on my sony i have to leave the speaker select switch still set to A or B.

3. BillyW

BillyW
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's what I had thought but couldn't find anything in the manual so wasn't 100% sure.

I've tried selecting none, both, A & B using the switches on the front but no success.

I'll have a further play about tonight to see if I'm doing something stupid (probably :) )

4. BillyW

BillyW
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Managed to get it working ok now, must have been interference from somewhere as relocating some cables and the dvd player while cabling up a new centre speaker got it working.. strange

Thanks for the help. :)