1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamada DVX-6100 or Toshiba SD330E?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by tvhustla, Jan 9, 2004.

1. tvhustla

tvhustla
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm looking to buy a DVD player but am stuck between Yamada DVX-6100 and the Toshiba SD330E.
    From what ive heard the Yamada is a good solid dvd player with the added advantage that it plays divx/xvid files, while Toshiba SD330E is also an excellent player at a great price with DTS etc

can someone please help me here!

2. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +833
    Don't know much about the Yamada, but do know that the 330E is an excellent little player. I installed one for my nephews just after Christmas and was so impressed with it that I'm considering buying one for myself.

If the Yamada does not handle DTS (which would surprise me) then that alone would make me go for the 330E as I reckon that DTS is streets ahead of DD for digital surround sound.

:smashin:

3. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,487
    Well, I've just bought the Yamada from amazon and for £80 I have to say it's a real bargain. It feels nice and solid, looks nice, is quiet and seems to play everything I've thrown at it so far. It will output the DTS stream to an amp it's just I don't think it's got an onboard DTS decoder but that's no problem if you use an amp anyway. I'd say go for the Yamada, like you say it'll play divx/xvid stuff too which is a very nice feature to have!

Andy