1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamada DVD Slim 5520 - Strange Problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mrhairyman, Oct 13, 2004.

1. mrhairyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I have a strange problem with my Yamada DVD Player. Last night, I stuck a copied VCD into it, and it didnt play - some of the VCDs we pick up dont work, so that's not unusual.
    What is unusual is that since then the DVD player doesnt work at all. When you switch it on, the screen is fuzzy, the CD tray won't eject, you can't get to the system menu etc. Not all of these problems happen all the time. Sometimes I can put a DVD into the tray, but the player still wont read it. Most of the time it's frozen, and you need to switch it off for a while before trying again.
    Up until this dodgy VCD, my player worked fine - only 10 months old. Is it possible for a dodgy VCD to completely fritz the inside of a DVD player? This may be a stupid question, but can the info inside the DVD player become corrupted or infected??
    Any help, suggestions appreciated!