1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamada DPX-530

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by FlyingBig, Oct 18, 2005.

1. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Display Technology
    0.65-inch Single chip DMD (Aspect ratio 16:9) Pixel 1024 × 576 = 589824 pixels

Image size (Projection distance)
    40" min. to 275" max. (Projection distance 1.3 to 10 m)

Maximum number of display colors
    16770000 (full-color display)

Computer signal
    Maximum resolution: 1280 x 1024 dots (Analog) / compressed Panel resolution: 1024 × 576 dots

Video signal
    NTSC / PAL / SECAM / 4.43NTSC / PAL-M / PAL-N / PAL-60

Component signal
    480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i Panel resolution: 1024 × 576 dots

Input terminal

Analog RGB (D-SUB 15P)
    Line 1

Digital RGB (DVI-D)
    Line 1

Video input (RCA × 1)
    Line 1

S-Video input (S)
    Line 1

Component video input (RCA × 3, D-SUB 15P)
    Line 2

S-video input
    Luminance signal: Vp-p=1.0 V 75O (negative sync)
    Chrominance signals: Vp-p=0.286 V 75O (burst signal)

Video input
    Vp-p=1.0 V 75O (negative sync)

Component video input
    YCBCR: Vp-p=1.0 V 75O (Y) (negative sync)
    Vp-p=0.7 V 75O (CB, CR)

Analog RGB input
    RGB: Vp-p=0.7 V 75O (negative sync)
    HD: TTL-level (negative or positive polarity)
    VD: TTL-level (negative or positive polarity)

Digital RGB input
    DVI interface (TMDS single link)

As a result, contrast is an amazing 4,000:1 and small details that would ordinarily be obscured by black areas are visible. In addition, the highest level of brightness in its class (1,500 ANSI lumens) lets you enjoy clear images in ordinary living room lighting.

No info. on this forum in regard to this projector, coming in just under £2000 it has to be considered. Only downside is the max resolution that falls under the 720p barrier but even still worth consideration when compared with the BenQ PE7700 and Infocus ScreenPlay 5700? I can obtain a demo of this product so if and when i do i'll report back. BenQs ability to output at 720p is a big bonus but as i can't see this PJ going in the flesh it will have to be a blind buy although on-line it is £500 cheaper.

2. MikeK

MikeK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +316
    I'm sure it'll be a very nice PJ - however I think they'll struggle to sell many at that price!

The spec looks very similar to the Mitsubishi HC900, which can be bought for around £1300 - in fact it looks very very similar!!!!!

3. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Does indeed! Does Mitsubishi have the same rep as Yamada though? Yamada is held in high regard with their expensive PJ's being regarded as the best in the DLP field, that fact they they release a "budget" PJ makes its very attractive. I am still swaying thowards the BenQ for that 720p :thumbsup:

4. MikeK

MikeK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +316
    Small point, but it's Yamaha (Yamada make cheapo DVD players) :)

Fair enough, Yamaha have a good rep for their upmarket models (not sure whether they are regarded as best in field though :) ), but it doesn't always follow that their budget models will therefore automatically be good (for the price that is - and in the budget market, price point is critical)- you may find that makers more used to operating in the budget marketspace give better VFM.

BTW, the slightly better specced PE7700 sibling, the Tosh MT700, is also available for similar money to this Yamaha unit - may be worth a look, and the Mitsubishi HC3000 is likely to be priced similarly too when it ships.
    It wouldn't surprise me though if there's a few new 720p DLP models around by the new year at under £2K, and perhaps a few price cuts will follow for existing models.

Still, resolution isn't everything, but like you, personally I wouldn't be dropping £2K on a 576p projector, without first seeing how it stacks up against price competitive 720p models.

5. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thx mike, that was a typo from me, i must have been sub consciencely thinking of Yamada.