1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamada 6600 dvd + Philips 9528 TV: RGB colors are shifted

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by kerecsen, Jun 5, 2004.

1. kerecsen

kerecsen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

Has anyone else seen this?
    When I connect my Yamada 6600 (MediaTek 1389DE based DIVX) player to my TV via RGB, the colors are shifted right compared to the luminance "signal".

(I have a similar, but much smaller effect with my sat box (UPC/Philips) as well.)

Here are two pics illustrating the problem: (I chose these logos because they show the issue well, but the effect is visible and annoying with "normal" pictures too, particularly with faces on a dark background):
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I checked if there was a way to convince the TV to correct for the error, but the luminance delay settings I found in the service menu applied to the tuner only.

I tried using s-video and composite instead of RGB, and the shift doesn't appear with either of these systems. Unfortunately both produce poorer resolution and colors than RGB (composite is almost unbearable, in fact).

Is there some way to get rid of this shift without sacrificing the vibrant colors of RGB? I'm willing to mess around in TV and/or DVD service menus, and even open up the DVD if need be.

2. darthbane2k

darthbane2k
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You cant. The 6600 seems to be a piece of crap. Mine wont even display RGB properly on my new Toshiba 42 inch widescreen TV, I get a constant green tint witH RGB. I have no choice now but to either watch DVDs on my small 28 incher or to use S Video, which is okay but not great.