Yam AX2 Denon 3801

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by necroscope, Apr 11, 2001.

Tags:
  1. necroscope

necroscope

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just as i was about to make my mind up about what would be my first AV Amp i come across sbd-electronics

Yam DSP-AX2 £899
    Denon AVR-3801 £599

i was looking to spend about £800-£900 on the amp so that makes the AX2 inside my budget would anyone get the AX2 at this price

Has anyone had any dealings with sbd-electronics in Chiswick West London becasue they are also selling the 2 32" widescreen that are on my final final list

Sony FX20 £749
    Panny PK1 £749

i'm just wondering if they are UK products or are imported versions

Or would i be better off getting the 3801 and spending the £300 else where in my system because i'm starting from scarth

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: necroscope ]

2. robocop

robocop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I also had the choice between the 3801 and the AX2.
    Whilst the Denon is available at a few places for £599 the Yamaha does seem at bit pricey at around £1000.
    However, I've used Yamaha for several years and always found their products fab.
    I didn't really want a reciever either.
    My mind was made up on two points in the end.
    1. No way on Planet Earth was the other half going to let me put up another 2 rear speakers(the Yamaha only has 1 centre rear output).
    2. Hyperfi in Essex (0208 591 6961) did a brand new one (NOT Ex Demo) for £732 delivered.

3. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I bought my AVC-A1SE from sdb, had a problem (no output from Front R and Centre speakers (i believe Royal Mail had dropped it)) and they replaced it at their expense.
    Mark

4. av curious

av curious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Necroscope,
    I bought my 3801 from Sbd and it`s an import(hence the price).It sounds fab and i`m happy!Let me know how you get on if you get one and if you want any help setting it up,you may be an expert in such things,but for me it took a while to get my head round the manual.

All the best ,
    Av curious.

All the