1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yam ax1 v denon avc1for movies mainly?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by j.fitz, May 4, 2001.

Tags:
  1. j.fitz

j.fitz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    am considering both amps however the denon here [southern ireland]is twice the price of the yamaha .iwill use it mainly for movies not music,in all the reviews i have read the yamaha was equal bar slighty better musically and extra decoding[stereo centre rears+neo 6 ]on the denon or are we being mislead. ps i have a yamaha a2 for several years years and findit great but am being offered a good trade in price at the moment but by next year it will have lost to much value.regards,

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    depends how much you want to spend......the denon is better in my opinion, but it is twice the price! If you want all the neo:6 and such, then you need the denon. But all that said, the yamaha is incredible in itself and a major step up from your A2, i only wish i could afford one!

3. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    As buns said – the Denon's better. The Yamaha's cheaper. It's your call.
    mark

4. Matty N

Matty N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Musically and quality-wise (Home cinema or music) the Denon A1SE is the most advanced integrated home cinema amplifier to be released into the mainstream. If you want a Ferrari, it comes at a price. Same here - you pay for the quality and 'all in one powerhouse' appeal.

5. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    If the AVC-A1SE is a ferrari, then what is an AX1?, a Toyota maybe? Seriously though they aren't in the same league IMHO. It all comes down to how much you want to spend. You would probably have to more than double your money again to do better then the Denon. I chose Denon on the basis that I bought the best integrated amp on th market today that should last me (hopefully) a very long time.