Yam AVR specific vol level IR command

redjoe100

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I have an YAM Rxv681. I'm controlling using a Logitech Harmony Elite, all working well. However when switching HDMI inputs there is significant difference in volume level due to the output of some of my devices. The upshot is some ear blasting levels when switching inputs. I've tried to rebalance on the source devices which works to a degree but the difference between freesat and android box is large.

So I can add a custom command when switching inputs, does anyone know if Yam do a specific level IR command (e.g -15bd) so I can build that in?

I've already found the Yam initial volume setting which is great but only when powering on.

Many thanks

You'd need to adjust the individual trim levels of each of the effected sources. THis will allow you to basically levell all the sources so that the Master Volume setting gives you rough;y the same result regardless of the source.

I'd suggest you use a Blu-ray player as the benchmark to which you set all the other sources relative to. This way you are unlikely to effect the actual dynamic range intended by whoever mixed the soundtracks you are portraying.

For each source in turn, set the receiver to the source you wish to adjust the input signal level for, Press the OPTION key on the remore and navigate to the option entitled 'INPUT SETTINGS'. Within this option you'll see an 'INPUT TRIM' setting. You'd use that to adjust the trim and source level for the source the AV receiver is currently set to. Once you've finished one source, move on to another and adjust that to your liking. The AV receiver should retain each of these individual configurations for each of the sources.

by default 2022-01-14 at 14.45.36.png

This option will only give you a +/= 6db adjustment range though.

THe only way to actually have a source start up set to a specific volume would be to use the SCENE function. You can include a mastervolume level inwithin a SCENE so that that would be the master volume level the AV receiver is set to if you engage that SCENE. I'd advise you look within the manual if wanting to configure and use SCENES in the manner I've described.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom