yam 677

jimroyale

Established Member
Reaction score
hi guys, i am looking to buy a new av amp had my old yam for about thirteen years so time for a new one, i am looking at yam as my old one has been faultless, the yam 677 is all over the net at the mo at £339 so a bit of a bargin. the reviews seem qiute good to. before i press add to basket i just wanted to run it passed the experts, any thoughts?

Thoughts in regards to what?

you can read all the reviews in the world and get all the advice in the world, and still be none the wiser, im my experience its the longer you have something the harder it its to adjust to a different sound, and knowing for sure if it is actually better or worse or is it just a case that having had a certain setup for so long that you are simply used to that kinda sound, so i feel that no matter what i cant advice on which will sound better, i have recently changed from a Yamaha DSP AX763 to a Marantz 5009, im yet to say one way or the other in regards to sound quality, but the rest is a defo improvement of the Yamaha, that said, if i had got the 677 i would think the case would be the same, as the gui on my old amp was like dos vs windows

When doing my research i will say this, out of all the brands, it was the Yamaha that had the most 5 star user reviews score, and not one mention of problems compared to Onkyo (suffering with failing HDMI boards) Marantz 5009 (with complaints with freezing and having to unplug to rested upto 4 times an hour) tho mine has been fine so far, and a few others that i was considering to

I think what ever you go for would be an improvement over what you have for many reasons, but if it will sound better to you remains to be seen, i find it much easy to compare differences between stereo amps than AV

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom