1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yam 620, how much will it support

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by dnrc, Nov 8, 2004.

1. dnrc

dnrc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a yamaha 620rds receiver and would like to know if anyone know anything about what it will take in terms of weight on top of it.

I want to reshuffle and sit a 17" CRT on top of it, anyone tried this, would it take it. I'm sure it would take the weight but maybe not on the area it will be covering. And you wouldn't be able to support it with a shelf or whatever sitting on there because of the need for ventilation.

Anyone tried / have any ideas?

Cheers

2. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Umm, have you thought about the build-up of heat if you put a tv on top of it? Forget the weight issue - the receiver should be able to take 15-20kg no problem.

Even though the air vents are at the side, I'd be worried about ventilation, given that the tv (crt?) can get pretty warm itself. Also, think about the effect of EMI/RFI interference from both units affecting each other. I doubt the tv is very well shielded from either of these things.

DT