Yale house alarm entry problems. HELP

Busboy

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am looking after my sons place and he has a Yale house alarm. I have used it successfully many times but today on entry the normal warning beeps came on, I pressed the unlock button followed by the 4 digit code and to my horrer the screen said error code and the warning beeps continued.
icon_redface.gif
At this stage should I have a) pressed the unlock button followed by the 4 digit code, or simply re submitted the 4 digit code?. I was in panic mode but after a few minutes of the alarm shreiking I was able to cancel it. I accept I could have made the initial 4 digit error but What should I have done then? I really dont know how I stopped it, but it was not sounding long enough to have timed out. Thanks

Thanks Limblee. I agree first time round but wasnt sure if second time I should just press 4 digit code or include the disarm button first. My problem now is I cannot get rid of alarm alarm alarm reading on display. I have done what manual says, ie disarm, but it still displays message. I have not tried to re arm alarm as worried I may not be able to stop it.

I think you need to double check the the code your inputting, or do the reset procedure in the manual * But you'll have to reinstall all the devices your son has installed. Is the manual for the correct model?

I found his manual so am pretty sure its the correct one. I dont really want to reset the whole system, I cant anyway as I have my own pin, and my son has his which he would have used when he originally set the system up. my son is on holiday 1000 miles away so I dont want to worry him. I am confident I am using correct pin, I have used it many many times before over the last 2 years. The manual says to clear the "alarm alarm alarm" message disarm normally, then it displays what the problem was (it does) but the message remains. I have tried a few times but still the same message remains. I am wondering if I could re arm as normal then disarm but very reluctant to try.

I rang Yale help desk and they told me to clear the "Alarm Alarm" message do what the manual says AND then press the tick key. (manual does not say that) YES it works, "Alarm off" then displayed and all tests ok. PHEW

I'm glad you got it sorted. User manuals, need we say more.

I have had the same problem with the Yale 6400 alarm which I installed only a fortnight ago. Yesterday my daughter triggered the alarm on entry and couldn't switch off the alarm. The alarm duration was set for the default of 3 minutes. She claims she may have made a mistake the first time she entered the disarm code. When the alarm triggered, the ALARM!ALARM! message came up on the control panel and wouldn't clear inspite of her pressing the disarm button. The alarm continued for about 10 minutes and utimately she succeeded in getting the display to prompt for the code which she duely entered, which then stopped the alarm. 24 hours later I have just managed to clear the ALARM!ALARM! message after about 20 or so tries. Each time I pressed the disarm button, it prompted me to enter the security code, which I duly did. Each time I pressed the tick key it would alternate between "Alarm activated by ...." and "System reached ....". After a few seconds timeout it would revert back to the ALARM!ALARM! message. While in this mode I couldn't access the alarm system. Pressing any button would have no effect although I was a bit wary of rearming it in this mode. I reckon I managed to resolve the issue by repeating the previous sequence and indavertently pressing the PR button which managed to clear the ALARM message and bring the unit into alarm off mode. Both me and my daughter are now esitant to use the alarm.

tonyco my problem was definately my own fault pressing the wrong key first time then I should have resubmitted the 4 digit code. Instead I kept pressing the disarm button first so MAYBE thats what happened with your daughter. Re your problem clearing rhe "alarm alarm" message mine cleared exactly as I was told from the phone call I made. I suggest you ring them (Number on your handbook) they were very helpful to me. My sons alarm has been fine since my problem with it. He says when the "alarm alarm " message was displayed he would have simply rearmed it but I (the same as you) was very reluctant to try that. He has had the alarm for nearly 3 years now and when he tested it he did get the "alarm alarm" message but simply re armed it. I suggest you confirm that with the phone call though and also ask why the 3 minute duration lasted 10 minutes.

Thanks Busboy. Just one question about disarming the alarm/siren. If you press the disarm (unlock) button and then happen to type in the code wrongly, are you saying you do not need to press the disarm button but just resubmit the security code?

I think that is correct. I was in panic mode when it happened and I did keep re pressing the unlock button first before the 4 digit code then I saw the display actually saying something like code error so I just put in the 4 digit code. I think if you press the unlock button followed by a wrong code, you should then simply enter the correct 4 digit code without pressing the unlock button again. My problem happened a few weeks ago and it was at my son's house and I have not deliberately entered a wrong code since to test above.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom