1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yakumo from toysrus - bits missing ?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Steve.J.Davies, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Steve.J.Davies

Steve.J.Davies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    After reading this site took the plunge and bought the above. Looking forward to not getting lost..
    Dilgently reading instructions etc. Turn the PDA unit on and and to my surprise it has enough charge to work. Read the provided paperwork and am puzzled by the lack of a cable to connect PDA to PC (USB cable I would expect) - as described in the doc about install Marco Polo software from the CDs.
    I read on and sure enough the quick refernce guide shows what has to be plugged in where to charge the unit. All I have from that is the fancy 'prongs' bit (called a 'converter' in the guide) that should slide over the power connector.
    I don't have the ActiveSync cable or the adapter cable that plugs onto it.
    I am not getting confused with the optional base unit.
    Anyone else had this happen to them ?
    Don't know if I should chase Toysrus or Yakumo.
    Any and all advice gratefully received.
    TIA

Steve

2. Steve.J.Davies

Steve.J.Davies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    Turnsout it was a toysrus snafu. they replaced the whole thing for a new one - that had the shrink wrap still on it this time.. Doh

Next gotta figureout the postcode usage. it keeps adding GB at the front and losing the last two characters. enough to put destinations off by quite a bit.
    Impressive unit though, works great. maps a bit out of date - told me to turn on a roundabout that was replaced by traffic lights well over a year ago.

Tis good verily. :)

3. Steve.J.Davies

Steve.J.Davies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    Update,after some use (for any interested).
    Have got used to it and it is a good bit of kit.
    Loaded new map and the petrol station and car parks info so can always find the nearest ones wherever I am. I must find out the data format/how to create these files as I would like to make a list of sports related locations.
    On the downside the ball joint on the car mounting kit turned 'sloppy' and the pda flips on its side (lists) as I drive along. annoying but can't see any way of tightening it up. i know we are only supposed to listen and not to look at he display (yeah right).
    Haven't checked to see of these are still the best deal around - or have got cheaper.
    Overall - very glad I bought it. :)