Yakumo DVD Player XL2

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by wildey, Feb 3, 2005.

1. wildey

wildey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good evening everyone, this is my first post - so go gentle on me.

I have one of these DVD players in my childrens playroom, it has been great for the past year. In fact year and 1 day, but thats a side issue....

Anyhow I haven't used it for a while and when I tried to play something today I got the "unknown disc" error message. I thought it might be just a dodgy cd-r so I worked my way through many types of backup DVD and CD media but nothing works. In fact not even originals work now - absolutley nada !!

Funnily enough when I tried a firmware upgrade I got the "disc unknown" error !!.

So, is there anything I can do - or do I just sling it in the bin. As I alluded to earlier, I found the reciept in the instruction manual and I received it on 3rd Feb 04 - bummer hey as I guess it only has one year warantee.

If the answer is as I suspect answer b) chuck in bin, is this still the best sub £40 DVD player out there with the main requirement being able to play all different types of backups.

Thanks so much in anticipation.

Wildey,

2. Sykco

Sykco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear Wildey

Did you ever get a reply to this post? And did you manage to resolve the problem.

I have the same DVD player and have recently started getting the same 'unknown disc' error message with all DVDs. I have e-mailed Yakumo and have received an acknowledgement of my e-mail but am awaiting a reply.

Any assistance you can provide will be useful.

Sykco

3. Jowa

Jowa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear Sykco, Wildey and All,

since it seems that I have the same problem with my Yakumo XL2 ('unknown disc', no matter what kind of disc I try) I wonder if there is a solution or new information on this issue.

Regards

JoWa